Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Through the Looking Glass

I've always had a fascination with miniatures.  I paint miniature portraits on porcelain. When I visited the Victoria and Albert Museum  seven years ago, thought I'd died and gone to heaven.  There, on display, were some of Hilliard's magnificent miniatures of Queen Elizabeth I.

All that being said, I discovered the most delightful blog, The World's Largest Collection of Smalls TOO (http://theworldslargestcollectionofsmallstoo.blogspot.com).  Everything is so beautiful and, well, small.  It fascinated me.  In the blog, I found the Mad Hatter and was immediately smitten.  I just HAD to create one. The hat was a bit of a challenge - after making three different prototypes, I found one that fit.  The Mad Hatter stands a stately 3.5 inches tall.  Click here to go to living-on-the-rainbow blog if you'd like to make one for yourself.  He was FUN!!!

Hmmmm......maybe I should design Alice, or The Queen of Hearts to go with him? ;)

P.S.  I now have 20 followers!!  Five more to go - spread the word - more freebies and stitching stuff to come. - Happy stitching - Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kim.M from Finland !

    I just found Your blog via Dawns-blog.

    Your mad hatter is awesome-what a talented crafter You are !! :)

    ReplyDelete