Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tea and Panic

I love a good cup of tea.  I enjoy coffee, but LOVE tea.  To quote Jean-Luc Picard, "Earl Grey - HOT!" is a perfect way to start my day…..and I generally do.  Given my penchant for collecting things I love, tea themed things are one of them.

We have built-in oak shelves in one corner of our kitchen and I display some of my collection here.
 I painted the rose tea tray on the back left; the two little tea pots on the left are from a dear friend in CA; the Belleek coffee mug is from my best friend and the Lenox Irish Cottage tea pot was a gift from my mother.  Can you see a mini-Bella laying in front of the cottage?  And - LOOK! - there's Bitty Bear ready to serve tea.
I  painted the Limoges trembleuse (Trembleuse cups and saucers were specifically designed for a person who suffered from the trembles and were virtually "spill proof").  The Royal Albert "Old Country Roses" creamer and sugar was a gift from a dear friend, as was the book "If Teacups could Talk".  On the far right you'll see a mug purchased on my first trip to Ireland with my mother.  It was made at the Tara Bone China factory in Galway.  Sadly, it closed shortly after our visit.  It says "There is no fireside like your own fireside".  On the back is the same saying in seanfhocal or Old Irish.

There's more of my tea collection - but I don't want to bore you…..maybe more in a future post.



"Don't Panic!!" Well - easier said than done.  Here's the story - June 25th I read a post from Shirlee reminding us there were six months until Christmas.  First, I chuckled.  Then I panicked.

I have TWO needlepoint Christmas stocking to finish before November 1st.  One is for my grandson who will be 18 months old around Christmas.  The second is for my grandson-to-be due in October.  Not to mention the grand daughter-to-be due in August.  So I guess my math is a bit off - that's THREE.
AUGH!!!!

I have one started.  It's roughly 19 inches longs 12 inches wide.  Here's the front:

So you can tell how much I've gotten done, here's the back…..all the white "inside" the stocking is what I have left to do.  Did I mention it's 18 holes per inch?


What else can I say?

Keep yourself surrounded by stitches ~ Cheers 

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful tea collection... I only drink herbal tea... oh and coffee! You would not bore me with your collection... I find it interesting and cool that you like tea!
    Wonderful Christmas stocking... plenty of time!! You Can Do IT!!!
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet tea collection..i love anything with tea..or coffee..
    beautiful stitching..yup you can do it
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stocking Kim. Love your tea collection.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an excellent tea collection! I'll remember that next time I have a package to send to you ;D Don't panic! You have six months left, so that's about two months per stocking. Very doable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on girl, you can do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only ever had three teas that I like. My kids and husband love the stuff. ;)
    Um, well? Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to start the day with a cup of weak black tea and then have 3cups with honey also! I end the day with tea but love the coffee in between! You Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll get them done. We can cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You painted that tea tray? It's gorgeous! What a fun collection.

    I haven't done needlepoint in years. Once I discovered x-stitch, I kind of abandoned my old needlepoint obsession. Plenty of time for finishing stockings. Remember ... only 1/2 as many stitches as an x!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes we will cheer you on to get the stockings done:) Just everytime you sit down pick up your stitching and place a few stitches. This way you'll get more done than you think! Good Luck!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE your tea collection. WOW you did an amazing job on painting the Rose tea tray!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those stockings are so special, Kim--I'll be cheering you on for your Christmas deadline...

    I'm not a tea or coffee drinker, but your tea tray painting is amazing!! You are so lucky to have that talent, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rose tea tray is beautiful! Such talent to be able to paint like that. I'm sure you'll get the stockings done in time....just drink plenty of tea and keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess we all know what you'll be working on in the next few months Kim! No doubt you will get them done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for causing you panic my friend : ) I also love tea. Your tea things ... especially those you've painted ... are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those stockings will sure be treasured!!!

    ReplyDelete