Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Thursday, August 27, 2015

August Smalls SAL Check In

A day late - but wanted to share my Smalls SAL for August. It's called "September Horse" and can be found here - a freebie from Craft Designs 4 You.

 September Horse 3x3 inches

Actually, there's a funny story behind this piece. I joined Kaye's Christmas Ornament SAL. I thought I'd get a jump start on September's stitching. The themes for September are Christmas tree or presents. Well, silly me - when I saw this pattern, I couldn't find the colored picture of the finished product…I thought the barrel of apples was a present. (Yes, I know - I should have gotten a hint form the name of the pattern "SEPTEMBER Horse"). SIGH. It wasn't until I had stitched the whole barrel of apples up I realized it wasn't a present. And - yes - there are two different browns on the horse's body. I wanted him to have a bit of a shadow on his front quarters - not sure I pulled it off.

SHRUG. It became my August Smalls SAL.  Oh - and I did manage to find another pattern for the September Christmas ornie SAL. It's done <G>

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cute finish Kim.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee! It is a sweet pattern Kim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable! Thanks for the link; my daughter will love this chart. It still could be a present; the apples could be a present to the horse. Just stitch a little Christmas tree in the background and voila! a Christmas ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a very sweet horse. And I can see why you thought that basket was a present when I just looked at the b&w chart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to the link to this lovely project. Your version is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny! I would totally do something like that--not know what I was stitching until it was done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very sweet! Thank you for the link ")

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Kim you made me laugh! I needed to put my glasses on as the first time I looked I thought the horse had an enormous tongue!!!! Oh dear I think it going to be one of those days dear friend! Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are funny with your two tone horse, I have done that before, playing with colours but it didn´t work for me and I ended up undoing the piece and it remains undone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA! Funny story! But the horse is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL... That's a funny story, but it's all right, it's still a lovely little finish! :D

    ReplyDelete