"WHAT THE HECK HAVE I BEEN DOING THIS PAST MONTH?"
It seemed like I hadn't accomplished anything. Then it hit me. I HAD been busy - and accomplished quite a bit. Here's the rundown:
1. I received a wonderful SURPRISE package form my sweet friend, Angela of "Wish I Were Stitching". It came all the way from Singapore! Here's what Angela sent:
One of the cutest Christmas cards and some yummy recipes:
And the neatest magazine from the UK chock full of great projects and patterns.
Thank you, Angela, for thinking of me and sending these lovelies.
2. Next, I went out to lunch THREE different days to meet three different friends (I rarely go out to lunch). Oh my, what fun catching up with everyone!!
3. I volunteered three different days to help support a local nursing home.
4. I attended a meeting for one of the organizations I belong to.
5. I started a new doll - Consuelo. OK, ladies - this may give you a giggle or two....I spent an entire afternoon playing with Sculpty clay trying to make high heels for her. After four hours (GASP!) of trial and error, here they are, baked to her feet, painted and embellished. TA-DA!!
Here's Consuelo so far. The metallic trim is really, REALLY difficult to work with. Next, I'll embellish the lacy trim. Lastly will be the wigging and styling her hair.
6. I've been working away at the Christmas stocking. I was really hitting it hard, as in spending hours and hours in one day working on it, but I found I needed to back off a bit. The joint in my right thumb was begging for a rest.
7. Here's a petit point pillow called "The Falcon" that's finished:
8. Last, but not least, I booked my trip to visit my Captain Adorable, daughter and SIL in sunny Singapore!! AUGH! I'm so excited! I leave the end of March and will stay for three weeks. DH is staying home to look after the farm and the dogs. I can't believe I'll be traveling to the other side of the planet....all by myself. Talk about a brave, new me!
So......I guess I HAVE been busy. OH! I have one more thing - February is my third blogiversary. I decided I'm going to have a giveaway each week. Each week I'll select a name and send the winner(s) something I truly cherish or has given me inspiration. Stay tuned!