Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Thursday, January 5, 2017

How About a Tudor SAL?


For those of you who have followed me for awhile, you're familiar with my obsession interest in the Tudors. I think my first exposure to the Tudors was in 1969 when I watched the movie Anne of a Thousand Days with Richard Burton and Genevieve Bujold. Little did I realize how much of an impact Anne's story would have on my life - it opened the door to decades of reading and learning about the Tudor Era.

Scroll on a few years (decades - lol!) and I met Kaye of Kitten Stitching through this wonderful blogging world of ours and we discovered we had many things in common - especially the love of stitching and the Tudors. Yes - we are Tudorphiles. Hence, Tudor Tuesdays SAL blog was launched in August of 2015.

Then, just the other day, a grand idea occurred to me: to chart the badges of each of Henry's wives and share the charts and stitching adventures in a SAL. So, I fired up Photostitch and charted Catherine of Aragon's badge - the pomegranate. I bounced my idea off  Kaye and she suggested including each queen's motto and name, as well. Great idea, Kaye! (She says, "You're welcome, everyone!")

SO, if you'd like to enjoy some Tudor history, come along and join us in the first (and maybe only <g>) Tudor Tuesdays SAL. The patterns for each badge will be released every other month on the Tudor Tuesdays blog but you will be able to find the links to the SAL on the sidebar of this blog, Wisdom with Needle and Thread, or on Kaye's blog, Kitten Stitching. Look for this badge to link to the patterns:


You will have your choice of stitching each badge separately, with or without the associated motto, and/or with our without the name of each queen. All three will be included and all are offered for free. Badges are 88W x 117H (stitches).  If you stitch the mottos and names, additional stitches would need to be added when you calculate the size of the material you choose.

The first badge, Catherine of Aragon, is available here.  I look forward to seeing your progress and creative versions. Please feel free to become a follower of Tudor Tuesdays SAL - but you don't have to be a follower to download and enjoy the patterns.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Kim: What a great idea, very unique to do the badges, I am a fan but do not follow as much as you do, I look forward to seeing what you have come up with in the future, what fun.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - thank you :o)
    Will pop over and have a look see!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first badge looks terrific and I enjoyed learning about it. Looking forward to watching you nd Kaye bring it to life.

    ReplyDelete