Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Vintage Embroidery Monday and Stitchery Link Party AND a Surprise!

Good morning! I dug out a piece I had started years ago when I was gung-ho over gold work. Maybe I'll finish this one this year - (fingers crossed).

The pattern is called "English Goldwork Heart 1" and was a correspondence course from ANG.


Steps so far:  - I placed the heart in the center and back stitched the heart outline.
                      - I laid in the outer gold coffering
                      - then placed three layers of felt padding
                      - the last step I was able to complete was laying in the gold ribs or spines

Project to date:

Next step is to lay in gold to the outer coffers in parallel lines. (YIKES!). A huge THANK YOU to Super Mom - No Cape for hosting this lovely link party.

Now to the SURPRISE!! Dear, sweet Vickie from A Stitcher's Story,  sent me this bookmark she stitched. It's done in beautiful blues (my FAVORITE COLOR!),  with a William Morris design on the front:


And a William Morris designed initial on the back: - Isn't this pretty? THANK YOU, Vickie! Now I have a lovely bookmark for all my Tudor reads <G>




9 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kim! That gold work heart is exquisite. I do hope you get back to it and finish it some day. Maybe bit by bit? I am so glad you like the bookmark. I am so glad to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree that gold heart is gorgeous,can't wait to see it finished Nd that book mark is so beautiful ,a lovely gift for you Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try goldwork. This project looks like a lovely start up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to see your goldwork heart when it is done! And your bookmark is such a sweet surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Kim, your talent never ceases to amaze me - that gold heart! Oh, so lovely! Gorgeous bookmark from Vickie, too, just perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never done goldwork, the heart looks lovely and the bookmark a very sweet generous gift, gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift from Vickie. My friend tried goldwork at a needlework show and said it was very difficult. Yours looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gold work looks gorgeous! Good luck, and enjoy your new bookmark :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gold work heart is lovely, looking forward to seeing you complete this. I did a class in gold work many years ago but never completed the project. I wonder where it is?
    Lovely bookmark from Vickie too.

    ReplyDelete