Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Memories of St. Patrick's Day Gone By

Today memories of my mother are flooding my mind.  Our Irish heritage, her love of Irish music, the culture, its history - our visits to Ireland (just she and me) are lining up in my mind like pages on a book.  I can't believe a year ago she was happily making our Irish dinner, setting her table with fine linen, silverware, good dishes and crystal.  Everything sparkled like it always did for her.

She loved her kitchen.  It was her domain.  Everything had its place and she had her own routine, knowing exactly what needed to be done and when.  I could sit and sip on coffee or tea (or something stronger, depending on the time of day - HA!) and talk to her as she scurried around with loving attention to detail.  Even kitchen clean up was reserved only for her.

I know Mom is watching over me and wouldn't want me to grieve so.  It's difficult not to.  I believe in angels and know I have my own Irish Angel watching over me.






10 comments:

  1. What beautiful memories. Thankfully, they help us through our grief. Sounds like you have a special mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post ~ such fond memories of your mother. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you Kim. I'm sure your mother is indeed watching over you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories of your Mom.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you have such wonderful memories of your mom. You enjoy the feast you will create today. Happy Saint Patrick's Day Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post to honor your Mom. My mother died many years ago and I still feel her presence within me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful to have those memories and traditions. The mom and daughter time is especially important. These firsts are hard after we lose someone. Spring will be hard for us when Dennis' dad would look forward to garden and outside work in his healthier days. We are the lucky ones for having spent these times together. Take care, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's good to remember your mom. Remember her with happy thoughts and a smile! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was very touching! Although I still have my mum, I miss my dad very much who went to Heaven 15 years ago!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete